posted by Aaron Dorksen
You’ve made time to get to the gym, worked hard and left satisfied with your effort. But there’s one more thing to take care of next: your appetite.
Soon you’ll be hungry because of the extra calories you’ve burned.
To avoid having the munchies the rest of the day, eating the wrong things and counter-acting the positive steps you’ve made, eat the right kind of post workout snack or light meal.
A snack after exercising will also help with muscle recovery, repair and growth. A low-fat, high-protein snack is essential after a workout.
Here are seven excellent post-workout snacks/light meals:
1. Low-fat protein bar
2. Grilled chicken breast
3. Skim milk or even chocolate milk
4. Non-fat yogurt
5. Turkey sandwich (pick smart toppings and skip the mayo)
7. Tuna/tuna salad
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com
- Avoiding Post-Meal Sleepiness
- Lose weight week: Put the same effort into meal planning as you do working out
- Get More Protein in Your Diet with Tuna Fish
- Four drinks that will help boost your workout
- Workout essentials, Part II