posted by Aaron Dorksen
OK, we‘ve snacked on fruits and vegetables and then satisfied our sweet tooth in Part II of the snacks under 100 calories series.
Naturally, the final installment consists of salty-savory snacks to balance things out.
Many of these are perfect to bring on a picnic, or store in your desk drawer at work when the late-afternoon hunger pains kick in,
To get a taste of salt-savory snack relief, consider these tasty treats that won’t expand your waistline too far:
* 60 Baby Goldfish crackers
* 1 Laughing Cow Light Creamy Garlic and Herb cheese wedge and 3 Triscuits.
* 1 string cheese stick
* Rold Gold Classic Style pretzel sticks
* 4 slices of low-fat honey ham rolled in a lettuce leaf topped with 2 teaspoons honey mustard
* 2 tablespoons water=packed tuna with 1 teaspoon light mayonnaise and a dash of onion powder
* 5 ounces tossed salad with lettuce, tomato, cucumber and 1-4 cup fat free dressing
* 1 100 calorie pack of microwave popcorn (3 cups).
There you go, the whole gamut of snack ideas has been covered in this three-part series. Hopefully some of them help you out, or make you think of other low-calorie ideas that will help fill snack-time needs.
(Source: Arkansas Extension Service).
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com