posted by Aaron Dorksen
If you’re like me, chances are you still have a lot of Christmas shopping left to do. OK, maybe you haven’t even done any yet.
If that’s the case, consider getting someone you love one of the ultimate fitness gifts there is out there: a treadmill machine.
Maybe you will get if for yourself, or your family. Whoever it’s for, here’s a countdown of the top five reasons why a treadmill makes the perfect Christmas present:
5. Exercising on a treadmill can help increase your metabolism, whether you’re running or walking. Combined with healthy eating, how much cardio activity you do and other factors like age and weight, you could lose 2-4 pounds a week after starting a walking program.
4. A treadmill can help make exercising a lot more fun. You can set up the treadmill in front of a TV and watch your favorite show or a good movie while exercising, or play the home stereo. Treadmills can also have a rack set up to place a magazine or book to read while you’re working out.
3. Working out in the privacy of your own home is another great advantage of the treadmill.
2. Treadmills are a lot more affordable than you might think. Sure, the high-end treadmills like Landice machines can run $4,000-5,000, but if that’s not in your price range there are many great mid-level treadmills and entry-level treadmills you can check out. When it comes to mid-level treadmills there are some excellent options available for consumers. One brand that stands out in the mid-line treadmill game is Vision Fitness, which is manufactured by Johnson Health Tech. As with premium treadmills, you should still try the mid-levels out in the store by walking and-or running on them. Also, inquire about the warranties. These models listed above will offer better quality and warranties than similar priced department store models.
1. Get a head start on meeting a New Year’s resolution of getting fit by buying a treadmill for your home now. Treadmills are the top-selling home fitness equipment for a reason — they get results.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Top five reasons to give an elliptical machine for Christmas
- Give yourself the gift of a treadmill
- Three new reasons to give up drinking soda
- Top five reasons a treadmill helps people lose weight
- Ten reasons to really appreciate your treadmill this winter