22 May Strength training key part of fitness for people of nearly all ages
By now most people know the importance of getting regular cardiovascular exercise.
But I’m surprised how many still don’t understand how crucial it is to also perform regular strength training exercises. It’s not enough to just walk or jog regularly – people of nearly all ages should also be performing some type of weight training.
Of course, what kind of strength training people do will depend on their age, health and objectives. The very young and old should work with light weights and do higher repetitions. And, always check with your doctor before beginning a new fitness program.
Here are five great benefits of strength training from a previous blog on the subject I wrote for ezinearticles.com:
1. Energizes you and has a positive effect on almost all of your 650-plus muscles.
2. Strengthens your bones reducing your risk of developing osteoporosis. By doing regular strength training, research has proven that you can both increase your bone density and work to prevent osteoporosis.
3. Helps you maintain your weight by increasing your metabolic rate, which will help your body burn more calories throughout the day.
4. Increases your lean muscle mass and overall strength.
5. Helps your stamina, allowing you to workout longer and have more energy. Also helps to prevent injuries. One of the top methods to prevent and rehab injuries is to strengthen the muscles around them. A large portion of sport-related, as well as life-related injuries, can be prevented by properly strengthening both your muscles and joints.
For as little as 30 minutes, three times a week, lifting weights can help you live a richer, fuller, STRONGER life. What are you waiting for, start a weight training program today!
Stop into At Home Fitness in Arizona to try out the many outstanding types of strength training equipment they have available, ranging from home gyms, functional trainers, free weights, adjustable dumbbells, vibration training machines and more, or shop them online.
Here’s a list of the AHF specialty fitness equipment stores in Arizona:
* Ahwatukee, 14647 So. 50th St. located near Ahwatukee , Phoenix, Chandler, Tempe and it’s the chain’s closest store to Tucson.
* Gilbert, 2810 S. Market St., located near Mesa, Apache Junction, Gold Canyon, Queen Creek, Chandler and Gilbert, to name a few.
* Scottsdale, 6969 E. Shea Blvd. located near Scottsdale, Fountain Hills, Cave Creek, Anthem and many other locations in the West Valley.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com