09 Sep Six benefits of exercising on an elliptical machine
If you haven’t tried working out on an elliptical machine, it’s definitely worth the time of checking out.
Elliptical trainers are still relatively new to many people when compared to the much-longer tested treadmill market, but the benefits of ellipticals are making them a fast-growing part on the exercise scene.
Although not real complicated to use, ellipticals can help people achieve great results. All you have to do is stand with your feet inside the foot pedals and begin moving back and forth as your hands and arms move along with the moving handlebars. When you stop, the machine will stop, too.
Most ellipticals come with preset programs that allow you to choose a workout routine. You can adjust the incline level to increase the difficulty of your workouts.
Here are six benefits people can get from exercising on an elliptical machine:
1. Time-saver – Since elliptical machines can work out both the upper and lower body at the same time, you can get a quality full-body workout in as little as 20 minutes.
2. Low-impact – When compared to other exercises, such as running or weightlifting, an elliptical machine is very low impact on the body.
Ellipticals are especially recommended for older individuals who want to get a cardio workout, or individuals who are trying to give their back or knees a break from more jarring types of workouts.
3. Get healthier – Because of the full-body workout an elliptical provides, it will help people get an excellent cardio workout and that can help improve your overall health when done consistently over time.
4. Weight loss – By increasing the heart rate while working out, you also burn more calories and in turn can start to lose weight when exercise is combined with a healthy diet.
5. Easy to use – As mentioned earlier, ellipticals are very easy to use. Almost anyone can use them, but you can control how hard you want to exercise on the machine.
6. Get stronger – Finally, working out on an elliptical machine may be easier to do than some forms of exercise, but it can still provide great benefits in the long run.
You can tone your legs, arms and core and begin to look and feel better.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com