21 Feb 5 diet tips to lose weight quickly before Spring Break
Spring Break will arrive within the next month or two for countless high school and college students, along with many adults who want to get away as well. If you are among the many people who will be going somewhere warmer and want to improve your physique, here are 5 tips to lose weight quickly before Spring Break.
1. Losing weight comes down to making good food choices, exercising and some pretty simple math. You must eat fewer calories than you’re burning each day.
2. If you have a good three or more weeks until your trip, it’s possibly to drop 5-10 pounds. If you’re really serious about losing weight, the first thing to do is to completely cut out drinking soda. Also, eliminate fast food and reduce alcohol intake, which I know may be hard for many college spring breakers.
3. Drop your total daily calorie intake and understand that the types of calories you consume play a big part as well.
4. Eat healthier. Avoid empty calories that provide little nutritional value, such as junk food loaded with sugar, soda pop, and white breads or white rice. You’ll digest those foods quickly and be left more hungry that if you eat more natural foods. Instead, turn to foods like fruit, vegetables, natural oatmeal and whole grain breads. Eat more small meals through the day, incorporating healthy snacks such as carrot sticks, a peanut butter sandwich and apple or orange. Drink plenty of water as well. That will help fill you up and hydrate your body.
5. Change won’t happen overnight, but a few weeks of eating like this and exercising 3-4 times per week should tone you up. Then remember your healthy changes and try to continue them through the rest of the year.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com