Enjoying the Benefits of Squats
If you are looking for a great way to work out your muscles and your cardio without needing to use an exercise machine, you might want to consider adding squats to your routine. While squats can’t replace the workout that you can achieve with an elliptical trainer, a treadmill or other types of exercise equipment, they are a great addition to an interval training routine and they can be performed anywhere and at any time.
In addition to being a great exercise that you can do anywhere, squats provide your body with a number of benefits. For example, squats can:
· Work all of your major muscle groups at one time
· Burn off a lot of calories within a short amount of time
· Tone your thighs and your butt
· Increase your flexibility in your lower body
· Make your mid-section and lower back stronger
· Increase your heart and lung power
· Increase lean muscle mass
In order to make sure you are getting all of these benefits and to reduce your risk of injury, make sure you are using the proper form when doing squats. If you aren’t sure, you might want to enlist in the help of a fitness expert to help you learn the proper form before you start performing squats on a regular basis.