19 Sep Five tips to improve your fall fitness
With fall right around the corner, At Home Fitness has some great deals on equipment with savings available up to 30 percent.
The fall is often a time when people tweak their workout routines from the summer.
It’s also an excellent time to reassess where your fitness routine is at and what changes you can make for the better.
Here are five tips to get the most out of fall fitness.
1. Take stock of your workout room – If you have a home workout room, take some time to clean equipment and make sure it’s all working properly. If you need things tuned up of fixed, give At Home Fitness’ expert service department a call.
If you have equipment that you don’t use much, you might consider selling it, trading it in or discarding it.
Think about what fitness goals and equipment you have and consider getting new equipment.
2. Sign up for a road race – Fall is a great time to run in a road race of 5K (3.1 miles) or farther. The weather gets cooler and it’s a great way to see the beauty of the changing season.
Consult your local newspaper, a running magazine or look around on the Internet for races in your area.
Running in a road race is an excellent way to stay in shape and improve motivation while training.
Run inside on your treadmill and when the weather is nice mix in outside training sessions as well.
3. Evaluate your diet – The fall is a good time to examine your diet and decide if there are things you can change to eat more healthy. It’s often harder to keep weight off during the colder months because some people don‘t stay as active.
4. Go for a canoe ride – Explore the great outdoors, get some great exercise and have fun while paddling a canoe, kayak or raft as you take in the fall atmosphere.
5. Take time to enjoy the view – As busy as our lives are, sometimes we forget to stop and enjoy the view. Take some time for yourself and unwind with a nice walk, hike, jog, run, bike ride, canoe trip or whatever else floats your boat.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org