05 Aug Great snack ideas under 100 calories (Part I: Fruits and vegetables)
One of the hardest times to stick to a nutritional diet is this: When you’re hungry and in a hurry.
Too often it’s easy to reach for junk food or swing through a fast-food drive-thru to satisfy your hunger cravings.
But don’t do it, at least not very often.
Instead, maybe one of these healthy snack ideas under 100 calories consisting of fruits and vegetables will do the trick:
* 28 grapes
* 1 cup blueberries or 2 cups raspberries
* 1-2 medium cantaloupe
* 15 strawberries dipped in Cool Whip Lite
* 45 steamed edamame (green soybeans)
* 2 tablespoons each of mashed avacado and chopped tomatoes stuffed in 1-2 mini pits
* 1-2 red bell pepper dipped in 3 tablespoons hummus
* 1-2 apple with two teaspoons of peanut butter
* Raw vegetables in 1-4 cup fat-free dressing
* Small baked potato with 1-2 cup salsa and 2 tablespoons fat-free sour cream
* Large celery stick filled with 1 tablespoons light cream cheese.
There you go with some fast and easy snack ideas. The key is pre-planning to make them and have them ready ahead of time in your fridge or to pack on the go.
(Source: Arkansas Extension Service).
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org