Great snack ideas under 100 calories (Part II: Sweet treats)
When you‘re counting calories and trying to stay fit and trim, dessert time can be a difficult time.
It can be hard to watch someone scarf down a big piece of chocolate cake covered with a cherry topping.
However, there are still lots of ways to satisfy your sweet tooth without blowing your diet.
Maybe one of these healthy snack ideas under 100 calories consisting of sweet-tasting treats will do the trick:
* One 6-ounce light-fat free yogurt
* 5 vanilla wafers
* 1-2 cup lemon sorbet with 1-4 cup blueberries
* 1 skinny cow fat free fudge bar
* 1 Yoplait light smoothie
* 1-2 cup low fat cottage cheese with five strawberries
* One slice toasted raisin bread with 1 teaspoon light butter
* 1-2 cup instant, sugar free chocolate pudding
* 10 jelly beans
* Two large graham crackers squares with one teaspoon peanut butter
* 14 frosted mini wheat squares
* 1 Quaker granola bar
It‘s OK to satisfy your sweet tooth some, but just limit the portion sizes and calorie counts. That’s what these quick snack ideas should allow you to do. (Source: Arkansas Extension Service).
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org