28 Dec Plan ahead to reach New Year’s resolution of getting fit
Another Christmas has passed and soon it will be New Year’s Eve.
What is your New Year’s resolution going to be?
This in-between week is the perfect time to make lay the groundwork to get healthier in 2016.
One of the most common resolutions is to improve one’s health. There are some important factors that can greatly improve the odds of carrying out your resolution.
Most importantly, start by choosing attainable goals and build from there. Then, make sure to write them out.
To help people come up with New Year’s resolutions for 2016, or to maybe help spark some new ideas, here are five fitness-related New Year’s Resolution goals you might consider:
1. Start a regular exercise program – Begin an exercise program or improve the one you’re on.
Experts say at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least three times a week will greatly improve your health.
2. Eat better – Establish an all-around healthier diet that you’ll be able to maintain long term. Avoid crash diets or fad diets. Plan healthy meals out in advance.
3. Drink less alcohol – Limiting alcohol intake or cutting it out altogether is a major health improvement. This may take people getting professional help to accomplish. Some people obviously should avoid alcohol all together. Avoid alcohol before bedtime in order to get better quality sleep.
4. Quit smoking – Same as drinking less alcohol – this will greatly improve your health, but could take outside help to do. Your doctor may be able to help you find the right plan for you.
5. Set up a home gym (or add to your current setup) – What better way to make sure you’ll exercise than by setting up a home gym, or improving an existing one?
Write down what your fitness goals are, what equipment you’ll need and talk to one of the highly trained sales associates at At Home Fitness.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org