28 Dec Set up a plan this week to help accomplish 2018 New Year’s resolution goal
The week between Christmas and New Year’s Eve is the perfect time to spend a little time and come up with a New Year’s Resolution. Also, take a little more time to come up with a plan on how to turn your resolution into a reality.
This in-between break is the perfect time to make lay the groundwork to get healthier in 2018.
It’s estimated that around two-thirds of Americans make a New Year’s Resolution, but unfortunately only around 5 percent actually carry them out all year.
One of the most common resolutions is to improve one’s health. There are some important factors that can greatly improve the odds of carrying out your resolution.
Most importantly, start by choosing attainable goals and build from there. Then, make sure to write them out.
To help people come up with New Year’s resolutions for 2018, or to possibly help spark some new ideas, here are five fitness-related New Year’s Resolution goals to consider:
1. Start a regular exercise program – Begin an exercise program or improve the one you’re on.
Experts say at least 30 minutes of moderate exercise at least three times a week will greatly improve your health.
2. Eat better – Establish an all-around healthier diet that you’ll be able to maintain long term. Avoid crash diets or fad diets. Plan healthy meals out in advance.
3. Drink less alcohol – Limiting alcohol intake or cutting it out altogether is a major health improvement. This may take people getting professional help to accomplish. Some people obviously should avoid alcohol all together. Avoid alcohol before bedtime in order to get better quality sleep.
4. Quit smoking – Same as drinking less alcohol – this will greatly improve your health, but could take outside help to do. Your doctor may be able to help you find the right plan for you.
5. Set up or update a home gym – What better way to make sure you’ll exercise than by setting up a home gym, or improving an existing one? Write down what your fitness goals are, what equipment you’ll need and talk to one of the highly trained sales associates at At Home Fitness.
At Home Fitness is the best place to buy specialty fitness equipment in Arizona, with stores in Scottsdale, Ahwatukee and Gilbert. At Home Fitness has a huge New Year’s Sale on now.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com