04 Jun Ten great motivational fitness quotes to get you going
One of my all-time favorite inspirational quotes was delivered by Woody Allen when he said, “Eighty percent of success is showing up.”
I believe that’s especially true when it comes to fitness.
If you consistently make time to exercise, good things will happen for you.
Do you need a little extra push to get going on your workouts, or even life in general? Here are 10 more of my favorite motivational quotes to get you going:
1. The good Lord gave you a body that can stand almost anything. It’s your mind you have to convince. – Vince Lombardi
2. Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up. – Thomas Edison
3. Leave all afternoon for exercise and recreation, which are as necessary as reading. I will rather say more necessary because health is worth more than learning. – Thomas Jefferson
4. Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it. -Lou Holtz
5. Motivation is what gets you started. Habit is what keeps you going. – Jim Ryan
6. Strive for progress, not perfection. – Unknown
7. I’d rather be a failure at something I enjoy than a success at something I hate. – George Burns
8. Energy and persistence conquer all things. – Benjamin Franklin
9. Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm. – Ralph Waldo Emerson
10. You want me to do something… tell me I can’t do it. – Maya Angelou
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com