21 Sep Ten reasons why treadmills are a great investment
The treadmill is the most popular piece of home exercise equipment for a reason. Almost anyone can benefit from exercising on a treadmill.
Here are 10 reasons why a treadmill is a great investment:
1. Provides an easy to do, efficient aerobic workout. Treadmills are an excellent way for people to try to get back into shape, or begin a new exercise routine, because walking is something most individuals can do regardless of fitness level.
2. As you get stronger and gain more endurance, the treadmill can grow with you. Simply speed it up, raise the incline here or there and stay on it longer.
3. It’s a fairly easy piece of exercise equipment to use.
4. A treadmill has a predictable surface that is much easier to walk or run on than sidewalks, curbs or trails, so the risk of falling or tripping is greatly reduced.
5. You can do other things while on a treadmill, such as watch TV or read, which helps pass the time more quickly.
6. You control the workout. You can program the speed, incline, warm up period, cool down period, and energy exerted, etc.
7. Work out when you want, how you want and for what length you want because you’re in your own home.
8. Different users can use the same treadmill without adjusting any handles, seats or straps.
9. Track your progress with extras such as step counters and heart rate monitors.
10. It’s a great way to exercise and burn calories efficiently.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at firstname.lastname@example.org