Five reasons to consider owning an elliptical machine
They are also very easy to use for people of all ages. All you have to do is stand with your feet inside the foot pedals and begin moving back and forth as your hands and arms move along with the moving handlebars. When you stop, the machine will stop, too.
Most ellipticals come with preset programs that allow you to choose a workout routine. You can adjust the incline level to increase the difficulty of your workouts.
Here are five reasons why owning your own elliptical machine is a smart decision:
1. Time-saver – Since elliptical machines can work out both the upper and lower body at the same time, you can get a quality full-body workout in as little as 20 minutes. By owning one of your own, you can work out any time you want.
2. Low-impact – When compared to other exercises, such as running or weightlifting, an elliptical machine is very low impact on the body.
Ellipticals are especially recommended for older individuals who want to get a cardio workout, or individuals who are trying to give their back or knees a break from more jarring types of workouts.
3. Weight loss – By increasing the heart rate while working out, you also burn more calories and in turn can start to lose weight when exercise is combined with a healthy diet.
4. Easy to use – As mentioned earlier, ellipticals are very easy to use. Almost anyone can use them, but you can control how hard you want to exercise on the machine.
5. Get healthier – Because of the full-body workout an elliptical provides, it will help people get an excellent cardio workout and that can help improve your overall health when done consistently over time.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. Consult a doctor before making any significant changes in your exercise routine or diet. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com