21 Oct Top five benefits of an elliptical machine
One of the most popular pieces of equipment in any gym today is the elliptical machine. There’s sure to be a model that fits your training and budget needs. Some of the leading models are: Octane Fitness Q35c Elliptical, Life Fitness X8 Basic Elliptical, Vision Fitness S7100 Suspension Trainer, AFG 3.0 AE Elliptical, LifeCore Fitness LC985vg Elliptical.
Here are my top five benefits to owning an elliptical machine:
1. Elliptical machines allow you to burn lots of calories without the weight-bearing stress of jogging.
2. Due to the elliptical motion of the machine, you are able to enjoy a low-impact workout because your feet never leave the footpads. The user will enjoy a continuous, smooth pattern that takes away the stress on your joints.
3. You are free to program your elliptical exercise trainer for the workout settings you want. Program the machine for the speed, resistance and ramp angle that fits your workout needs best. Your workout can range from easy, medium, to hard, and even work in intervals of difficult to easy and back to difficult again if you wish.
4. Elliptical machines build strength and muscle tone in your legs, while also helping you lose weight. It can actually burn more calories than a treadmill or exercise bike.
5. By grabbing the machine’s handles with your arms, you’ll also build strength and firm up the muscles in your arms. The core is engaged during the workout, so your stomach muscles will also get a workout.
The smooth, low-impact glide of the elliptical is a fun way to get a great workout for people of all ages.
At Home Fitness consultant Aaron Dorksen’s blog deals with a variety of fitness topics, ranging from workout tips, motivational ideas and feature stories on how exercise impacts people’s lives. E-mail him with comments, questions or ideas for future blogs at email@example.com